I thought this email I received from a booking agent in Beijing was pretty warped on a few different levels. Read it over and see if you can see why.
How are you? I hope you are having a great summer!
I am looking for musicians for a gig that might not exactly fit the Woodie Alan band, but maybe some of its members or musician friends could be interested? Anyhow, I thought I’d spread the word in this direction too…
A client is looking for :
– a band with 5 foreigners
– I hate to say this, but you know how things are in China… : preferably no black musicians
– for a gig in Zhejiang (Zhoushan)
– on Sept. 5th-12th (8 days)
– perform 15 minutes each evening
– with a female lead singer (preferably good looking!)
– style : dynamic, exciting, attractive (jazz/pop/rock, no particular request)
– budget : 700 RMB / performer / night
– transportation and accommodation are taken care of
Would you or your friends be interested in this gig?
Please let me know ASAP!